Tuesday, January 15, 2008

At Home . . .

Well, we've been home for a little while, and it was definitely a good decision. Jamey is feeling better now that his body has had some time to recover. His blood counts are up a bit, and he has more energy. He's very happy staying home and learning with me. We've been very consistent -doing math every day for 1 - 2 hours and language arts for an hour. His science and social studies have suffered, but I don't have the curriculum for that so I haven't been able to cover it. He will definitely go back next week, though (to a new teacher because his left last week). Tomorrow I have a meeting with the school about how to catch him up and ease him in so he doesn't feel overwhelmed. He's almost caught up with the math, so I don't think it will be too bad for him, and he was so far above grade level for reading, that it is a non-issue. It's awesome, though, to see him feeling stronger.

Noah and I went to NY this weekend for our alone weekend. We had such a good time! My parents made sure to take great care of us. We saw my sister and nephew (he is so cute!), went to the Museum of Natural History, and then to a great restaurant (I've never eaten such a good artichoke). Noah really enjoyed a weekend where the focus was on him, with no talk of cancer. I also had a great time. A big THANK YOU to my parents for being so wonderful with us.

While Noah and I were in NY, David took Jamey and Coby to Richmond to Orly's house. They also had a great time with their cousins (how could they not?).

If Jamey continues to do better we will start maintenance next week. Things are definitely looking up!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Karen,
We loved having you and Noah here with us, away for a while from the minute by minute preocupation with Jamey!! Now we need to get Coby and Jamey away from it all, giving each a weekend of fun. Life has been though but things are beginning to turn. You have been such a source of inspiration for the wholoe family!!

love,
Mom