Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day Weekend

It's been a difficult holiday weekend for Jamey. He was feeling sick all week, and he wasn't better by yesterday. We feel so bad for him - he's been throwing up constantly since last Tuesday. Yesterday he threw up in the Barnes and Noble parking lot, then again at home. At least he had a good afternoon playing with his friend, Daniel.

We are busy getting ready for our Texas Hold'Em fundraiser for the Leukemia Society (next Saturday), and the bike ride. We have raised about $7500 for the Society so far, which I am thrilled about. It is because of their work that Jamey's chances are so good.

Tomorrow we go to the doctor and get blood counts to see when he can start his next phase of treatment. You can tell that Jamey really wants to eat and feel good, but his body is not cooperating this week. He went through a similar experience last time he finished with a phase of treatment. We are hoping that next week his body will bounce back and he will feel really good week before he starts treatment aagin.

I need to get ready for my bike ride. I am up to 57 miles which takes me about 4 hours, but I need to be able to do 100 miles. From what I am told, if I can do about 75 miles, then I should have no problem doing 100. Whatever it is, it could not possibly be as bad as what Jamey feels. I have 4 more weeks of ride times. Soccer games start next week for Noah and Coby, so my weekend time is going to be even more busy with their games. I will need to find time to fit for my practice rides.

Rosh Hashana is almost here and it will be a good time for us to pray for Jamey to have a sweeter year. This is my favorite time of the year (also love the spring/Passover) when the weather starts to get a little cooler. I love walking to the synagogue and running into friends. Evertything seems to stop during this time of year, like someone is taking count and inspecting what we have done in the past year. This is a good time to look back reflect on the previous year, and make changes for next year to be sweeter. This is going to be a special Rosh-Hashana, as went through a lot this year. All we need is for Jamey to recover and get back to being a kid again. He is a good and strong kid and we know that G-d is watching over him. He will get better, the road there is just tough.

That is it for now. Are only wish this year for our family is to start healthy, and for Jamey to contine with his recovery.

We wish you all a happy new year. May this year be sweet and all your wishes will come true.

David and Karen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey David and Karen, Jamie Noah and Kobi. its Ari from the Holy Land. just wanted all of you to know that i am constantly thinking about you, and praying for all of you. as you said David, its a new year and we are all praying for a sweet one. sorry i cant be online so much to check up on you guys, but i will do my best.
Shana Tova U'Metuka. Love, Ardvark