Wednesday, September 26, 2007

This Week

This has been a pretty good week for Jamey, even though his blood counts are down. He's had energy - almost back to his old self! It's been wonderful.

Yesterday was my birthday. My girlfriends (Ellen, Michelle, Maya, and Rachel) took me out to dinner on Monday night. I think it's the first time I've been out on a girl's night since April. We had a great time - they are so wonderful. I'm really lucky that they take such good care of my family. David sent me some emails that really made my day, so it was a pretty good birthday. To be honest, I wasn't that interested in it this year.

David started building a Sukka. We hope it's done by the end of the holiday so we can eat in it. :-)

We're not sure if Jamey will be going into the hospital this weekend because his blood counts have dropped so much. Tomorrow morning I will draw his blood, then David will drop it off at the lab. They'll call us in the afternoon to let us know. If there's one thing this experience has taught us (and there have been many), it's that we need to be flexible.

We will reach $10,000 in donations to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society this week (we have some checks we have to send) - everyone's been so generous. Thank you so much! It's going to wonderful cause.

No comments: